replacing aging aquabot

frankan9

Bronze Supporter
Aug 27, 2012
Aberdeen, New Jersey
Hi,
I've decided to purchase a Dolphin Supreme M5 to replace my aging Aquabot Turbo.The Pool stores local to me that deal with Dolphin don't have an M5 in stock and are asking top dollar to get one($1799). I have found that Epicpoolsupply.com is much cheaper, and asks that you call in the order to preserve the warranty.as anyone had any experience with them ? and will calling the order in really save the warranty?

Thanks
Frank

frankan9 said:
Hi,
I've decided to purchase a Dolphin Supreme M5 to replace my aging Aquabot Turbo.The Pool stores local to me that deal with Dolphin don't have an M5 in stock and are asking top dollar to get one($1799). I have found that Epicpoolsupply.com is much cheaper, and asks that you call in the order to preserve the warranty.as anyone had any experience with them ? and will calling the order in really save the warranty?

Thanks
Frank

I would imagine they are being honest with you. If not, you can turn around file a BBB complaint and small claims court.

You probably know this already but the first thing you see on the Dolphin box is a big warning that the warranty is void if the cleaner was purchased online. I think they mean it and I don't see how you can get around this by calling in the order. After all, that's why it's cheaper online - a 3 year, return to dealer warranty is actually worth something. I'd check with Maytronics; I wouldn't take Epicpoolsupply's word for it. As for the M5, you are paying a substantial premium over the the M4 wherever you buy it. Are twin rollers and a remote worth that much extra? I have the M4 and it is a super product. It's hard for me to imagine how the M5 would do a better job in my pool. An optional remote is available for the M4 as well for $80. Food for thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.