Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: replacing aging aquabot

1. Back To Top    #1

replacing aging aquabot

Hi,
    I've decided to purchase a Dolphin Supreme M5 to replace my aging Aquabot Turbo.The Pool stores local to me that deal with Dolphin don't have an M5 in stock and are asking top dollar to get one($1799). I have found that Epicpoolsupply.com is much cheaper, and asks that you call in the order to preserve the warranty.as anyone had any experience with them ? and will calling the order in really save the warranty?

Thanks
    Frank
    30000 gal rectangular inground pool
    TF-100 test kit, Vinyl Liner
    hayward c4030 cartridge filter.1 hp Hayward SuperPump SP2607X10
    Aquabot Turbo cleaner + Dolphin Supreme MX5
    Solar- Breeze robotic skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: replacing aging aquabot

Quote Originally Posted by frankan9
    Hi,
    I've decided to purchase a Dolphin Supreme M5 to replace my aging Aquabot Turbo.The Pool stores local to me that deal with Dolphin don't have an M5 in stock and are asking top dollar to get one($1799). I have found that Epicpoolsupply.com is much cheaper, and asks that you call in the order to preserve the warranty.as anyone had any experience with them ? and will calling the order in really save the warranty?

Thanks
    Frank
    I would imagine they are being honest with you. If not, you can turn around file a BBB complaint and small claims court.

3. Back To Top    #3

You probably know this already but the first thing you see on the Dolphin box is a big warning that the warranty is void if the cleaner was purchased online. I think they mean it and I don't see how you can get around this by calling in the order. After all, that's why it's cheaper online - a 3 year, return to dealer warranty is actually worth something. I'd check with Maytronics; I wouldn't take Epicpoolsupply's word for it. As for the M5, you are paying a substantial premium over the the M4 wherever you buy it. Are twin rollers and a remote worth that much extra? I have the M4 and it is a super product. It's hard for me to imagine how the M5 would do a better job in my pool. An optional remote is available for the M4 as well for $80. Food for thought.
    Lagoon 40x22, Vinyl, 27,000 gal, 1HP WhisperFlo Pump, Pentair 60 gpm Sand filter, Hayward Brominator (used for chlorine pucks only when away), Rheem gas heater, Dolphin M4 Robot
    Waterfall on separate dedicated pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I ended up using the internet price to negotiate an acceptable pool store price
    30000 gal rectangular inground pool
    TF-100 test kit, Vinyl Liner
    hayward c4030 cartridge filter.1 hp Hayward SuperPump SP2607X10
    Aquabot Turbo cleaner + Dolphin Supreme MX5
    Solar- Breeze robotic skimmer