Adding DE

Whatrymes

LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2011
E. Bridgewater, MA
Am I missing something? I have a DE filter below the water line. I have a cat walk around the pool which blocks access to the top of my skimmer. How do you add DE after a backwash going through the skimmer door?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

How do you empty your skimmer without access to the basket?

I guess you would just have to try to pour the slurry in through the front .... maybe with a funnel of some sort.

Why not add a trap door you can open to access the skimmer properly?

What is the cat walk made of ? You need access to the skimmer lid. That's going to be tough going thru the skimmer weir. You probably won't get it all in the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

jblizzle said:
How do you empty your skimmer without access to the basket?

I guess you would just have to try to pour the slurry in through the front .... maybe with a funnel of some sort.

Why not add a trap door you can open to access the skimmer properly?
I have to reach in the pool and pull the skimmer door open, a real pain when my pumps chuggin' along.

I've thought of the trap door and I do add the slurry through the front. I thought maybe there might be one of those trade secrets I haven't thought of available.

I hear ya jblizzle ! What I've been doing is measuring the full amount out then put it in a bucket and use a wooden spoon to slowly slide it out into the skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.