What should I put around my pool base?

I would just fill in that huge gap with some pretty round rocks (I don't know how they would damage the pool?) or some mulch. Are you planning on leaving the pool up year round or do you have to take it down in the fall? That would help determine what kind of filler you put around it. You already have the trench around the pool and it looks stable so now I think you just need something attractive to fill that gap. I think only sharp rocks would put your liner in jeopardy.

nate81 said:
swtaspie said:
If you filled in the hole around the pool with clean bagged soil to ground level or sloped up just a hair more. it would prevent the pool from shifting as much and almost completely stop the chance of rocks or other nature trash from getting under the pool. I wish mine was sunk in like yours because that is what I would do. Then put the lawn edge around the base and landscape with rock or mulch....

Do you mean put some landscape edging where the red line is or the yellow? http://imgur.com/ED7Rz5s

The yellow line.

As someone else mentioned if you are planning on taking your pool down in the winter you will need to keep that in mind. I was assuming you would leave it up since you are in NC (I'm from there and miss it!)

If you are planning on taking it down in the winter you can put edging down along both (the red and yellow) That should help make it easier when removing the pool and putting it back up.

Maybe someone else has better advice though?!

nate81 said:
Can i cut the foam that is not underneath the pool?

If you want to!

nate81 said:
How do you get the blocks flush with the ground AND use foam and tarp? How did you know exactly where to place the blocks?

I've seen post on here that explain and show good examples. Here are a few I dug up real quick. From what I understand you just dig down 2" (if that's how thick your pavers are) only in the area you paver will go. Then relevel with sand. [Someone correct me if that's not right. I did not do pavers since mine are sitting on rock hard clay!]

This one shows lots of pictures: my-2-years-2-pools-build-project-in-pics-t44761.html

Not an intex but same concept: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html

Used the same size foam and pavers and cut a hole in the foam for paver to lay in: census-poll-on-intex-users-t22139-180.html#wrapheader

mcoonan said:
Steps that I used to create my origninal pool area:
7. Setup pool, place 2" pavers/patio blocks under the legs. Match the thickness of the block with your foam or dig the block into the ground so it is even with the top of your foam/tarp.

awwwwwwwwwww! I wish i had seen that one post before i started!! Well, I will definitely be taking the pool down after this summer to get it setup properly...with landscape blocks flush to dirt.

But i'm still not sure what to do with the slowly eroding cliffs of dover on the southside of my pool lol...i'd hate to do a lot of work for it only to be there 3-4 months and then removed!

I think once i get the pool setup better than I have it this year, it will stay up year round. Hopefully we won't do too much damage to it and be able to use it for a few more years!
thank you very much for those links!~!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.