1st Robotic Cleaner

Jun 7, 2013
Hello

I am looking into buying my first robotic cleaner. There are so many to choose from, it gets confusing. I have been shopping around online and reading reviews. I am leaning towards either an Aquabot or Dolphin and maybe even a TigerShark. I would like one that handles small particles such as dead algae and sand, and maybe a few leaves here and there. I would also like one that can climb walls and is made of good quality. My pool is a saltwater 20x40 fiberglass IG. Any suggestions on any preferred brands or models would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to spend more for quality.

I got Aquabot AWD. I'm gonna be posting videos later. Will give you idea. For me its either aquabot or dolphin.
I didn't want to spend $1,000
So I paid just over $600.
I really like it.

Look for the videos in separate link

I had the same requirements as you and I bought the Dolphin Supreme IV after trying a demo unit for the weekend. My pool has never been cleaner than it is now. Very well made and comes with a 3 year, return to dealer warranty. Impressive machine. Includes a caddy. Highly recommended.

I bought a house with a green swamp last spring 2012 and a wreck of a pool. As a first time pool owner I immediately decided I wanted a robotic cleaner. I purchased an Aquabot Turbo T Jet from Amazon and it was money well spent. The large mesh filter quickly picks up large debris if you have a ton of leaves and the fine mesh collects everything else. This is the second season and it runs good as new. However it is treated very well i.e. stored inside the garage in summer, left in the pool to cool off the suggested length of time, stored indoors during winter, the power unit is always taken inside so it doesn't get exposed to bad weather. In the fall we had a terrible time getting a pool repairman to install a cover for the pool before we had to close it for winter. The Aquabot made quick work of the mess left behind. In my opinion it's a good price point for performance without the hazards of too many mechanical parts to wear out or break.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.