Pentair 11017 vs 11018

frankgh

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
Navarre FL
I looking to replace my ol WF-24 with one of these new fanged contraptions. Trouble is, I cant tell the difference between the 11017 vs 11018.

Both qualify for Florida's Gulf Power rebate, both do not require a separate controller.

Amazon has the 011017 for $1046and the 011018 for $898.

Have you considered one of the smaller VS pump? Do they also qualify?

You had a 3/4HP pump, so I see no reason to upgrade to the 3HP giant Intelliflo pumps ... look at the Intelliflo i1 (011008) or the Hayward SuperPump VS.

The 011017 adds the Safety Vacuum Release System, we see a lot of problems with these on the forum when people are trying to use vacuums or suction cleaners.

EDIT: Although if the i1 is not any cheaper (since it just is electronically limited version), that may not make sense. The smaller Hayward should be cheaper ... although it on high speed is a little smaller than you old pump as far as flow rate. But if you do not have higher flow rate needs, then it could be a cheaper option to buy and run.

No. But you are paying for that capability even though you do not need it. It would be nice if more smaller VS pumps became available because rarely is 3HP needed by ANYONE.

How much is your rebate? How much is your power cost?

You could save a lot of $ on power by just getting a 2-speed motor for your existing pump and running on low speed. That likely would cost you $3-400. But if the rebate is $400+ and your power is expensive, then the VS would likely eventually save more money on electricity to offset the extra initial cost of the VS over a 2-speed motor.

Check out this post:
energy-efficient-pump-recommendation-t59139.html#p486563

You mean this difference?:

jblizzle said:
The 011017 adds the Safety Vacuum Release System, we see a lot of problems with these on the forum when people are trying to use vacuums or suction cleaners.

All that info is available on the Pentair website.

I would get the 011018 if the choice is truly between the 17 and 18

I just got 011018 in 2 weeks, actually I got IntelliPro model (black one) same price...it is very quite, I run 12 hrs per days with speed 2 (1500rpm), so far I save about 10KW per days from my old Jandy 2HP 1 speed pump.

I have just added this pump to the top of my VS list. It has the lowest lifetime cost of any VS and two speeds as well even at lower electrical rates.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Hayward- ... 300VSP.htm

However, reliability is somewhat unknown at this point since it is such a new pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.