Installing Hayward Saltwater Generator

Jun 7, 2013
I recently purchased a new Hayward AquaRite saltwater generator system and I am tiring to figure out whats the best way to wire it.....220V or 110V. Also I was wondering if anybody knows if I can tap off my existing 220 wiring that is currently powering my pump or will it require its own dedicated wiring.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Do you have a timer on your pump? The SWG should only be powered when the pump is on (the flow switch should be thought of as a back-up). Usually the SWG is wired directly to the load side of the timer with the pump ... thus the voltage used is whatever the pump/timer is.

Yes my pump is tied into a timer that is fed from a sub-panel in my garage. The only thing that I would like to avoid is running 55' of new wire and conduit from my garage to the salt water generator. That's why I am proposing tapping off my pump outlet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.