Converting from Baquacil to Chlorine and BBB Method-High TA

May 20, 2013
We have converted from Baquacil to the BBB method. We seem to have gotten rid of the Baquacil remnents as the pool is no longer turning colors when we add the Chlorine and our CC is 0.5. We got our CYA up to 40 and that seems to be helping keep my FC level at a 3-6 My big issue now is that my TA is 240 -I'm using a TF-100 Kit. So we added the acid to lower the TA and aerated to keep the PH from dropping too low. But it dropped anyway. SO I still have a high TA and a low PH of 6.8.

What to do next? We are planning to switch out the sand in the filter this weekend now that we got our CC down to 0.5 or lower. But do I add more Borax to lower the TA? According to the pool calculator my TA should be between 80-120.

We have a 12K AG, Vinyl oval pool with a Swim Pro Sand filter and a Pentair Optiflo High Perf Pump with 2.0HP SPL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.