Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10% liquid chlorine and 31.45% Muriatic Acid

1. Back To Top    #1

10% liquid chlorine and 31.45% Muriatic Acid

just wanted to let everyone know that Rural King has their 10% L/C on sale for 9.99 for 4-1gallon jugs and their Muriatic Acid for 2.99 a gallon and they also have the intex 2650 gph sand filter pump combo for 179.99 with a 50.00 R/K rebate for a final price of 129.99 and that is some real good deals I thought, I just wanted to pass the info on to my fellow TFPers......Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 10% liquid chlorine and 31.45% Muriatic Acid

BTW
    don't know how old it is but the pallets at our Hamilton Ohio store all looked like they were recently brought in and the boxes looked new, I know it looses strength faster than say 6% .......Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by fast1971chevelle
    all looked like they were recently brought in and the boxes looked new, I know it looses strength faster than say 6% .......Mike
    Don't hold me to it for other states but in Texas the date code goes like this.
    13 158 14:06 B1 TX-01
    Comes out to year, day of year, time in 24, guessing the line number and plant.
    Got a strange look the other day in Warehouse Pools. Needed some DE and LQ. I had already walked by the LQ and noticed the dates. The ones up front was day 49 and the ones off to the back side were 139. Told the guy what I needed and he put it on the dolly. The strange look came when I told him I want the others. He said that he did not know of the date and thanked me for the info.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by fast1971chevelle
    just wanted to let everyone know that Rural King has their 10% L/C on sale for 9.99 for 4-1gallon jugs and their Muriatic Acid for 2.99 a gallon and they also have the intex 2650 gph sand filter pump combo for 179.99 with a 50.00 R/K rebate for a final price of 129.99 and that is some real good deals I thought, I just wanted to pass the info on to my fellow TFPers......Mike

Yes same prices here in Southern IL at rural king. 9.99 for 4 gallons is about 2.50 each for 10% which makes it cheaper than a gallon of 6% bleach.
    30 ft round above ground 54" deep, 2HP motor, large sand filter