Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
Hi,

Decided to bite on one of these (search on ebay for salt-3000) ..... seems to work OK, but I haven't confirmed readings yet with strips and my pool shops measurements. The strips cost $1.15 per test now locally tho results seem close (+/- 300ppm?, if fresh) compared with my shops results. But at that price I wouldn't test salt levels every time I pull out the Taylor Kit, even though I would like to.

They really are just testing for TDS ..... the manufacturer HM Digital states this, and doesn't seem to be aggressively marketing it for pool salt level testing.

Any one have any experience with these units? Opinions?

KC

No need to test salt very often, only splash out and leaks change it. I check mine at the beginning of the year and correct it and then I don't test it again until near the end of the year, or if I suspect a problem with the swg. I generally use strips (aquacheck) to test mine.

linen said:
No need to test salt very often, only splash out and leaks change it. I check mine at the beginning of the year and correct it and then I don't test it again until near the end of the year, or if I suspect a problem with the swg. I generally use strips (aquacheck) to test mine.

Yes, its probably the easiest of all to maintain. Maybe my kids and their friends (6-8 boys sometimes) splash out too much. Caught them one year using various floating lounges etc trying to imitate a tsunami .....lol.

I usually need to add 2-4 large bags per summer to maintain. My CL generator calls for levels ~4000ppm .... that's higher than other units I've noticed.

KC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.