Ecomatic ESC36 with Intelliflo VSP

May 19, 2013
I had a Intelliflo VSP installed to save energy in my IG pool. After it was installed my Ecomatic ESC would not generate and remained in Standby Mode. Actually if I turned the ESC36 off the on it would generate until the pump turned off then it would go back to Standy mode. The pool store said it only generated at the high speed sweep mode, but it did not, so he sent out his installation guy to "fix" it, but all he did was reconnect the intermatic timer which didn't solve the problem. Now he shruggs his shoulders and says the pump is working correctly and can't help me with the SWG. Ugh.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to TFP!

There are a couple of different possibilities. You need to narrow down the possibilities a little.

One possibility is that the ESC36 requires a higher flow rate than the pump provides on low speed. If this is the case the SWG should start working if you turn the pump up to a higher speed (2400 RPM or perhaps higher).

Another possibility is that the flow sensor on the ESC36 is either broken or disconnected. Since they were working on the plumbing, you should make sure they didn't pull out or break the connection between the flow sensor and the control unit. It is also remotely possible that the flow sensor just happened to break at this particular moment.

Another consideration is that you don't want the SWG running when the pump is off, and you don't want to rely on the flow sensor as your only means of guaranteeing that. With a single speed pump the SWG is normally wired to the same power source as the pump, so it is turned off when the pump is turned off. With an IntelliFlo, the pump is always powered on, even when it isn't running.

Thanks
I see if one of these is the prob

Any update? I have pool service company install both Pentair intelliflo and Ecomatic 8000; Speed setting at 2500 RPM.

Ecomatic only run when I turn it off and on; re-plug Blue wire, else Ecomatic just stay in standby for days.
(last couple days, I only turn off and on during the pump runs, ecomatic starts running after few mins without messing with the blue wire)

(I have my pump run twice per days -6hr)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.