Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fix-a-Leak Products

1. Back To Top    #1

Fix-a-Leak Products

Does anyone have any experience with the various fix-a-leak products? I'm extremely worried that I'm not going to be able to find a small leakage point.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fix-a-Leak Products

I would only try Fix-a-Leak if you have no other options of any kind. Fix-a-Leak can work, but it often doesn't. More importantly, it only has any hope of working on pressure side leaks. Another major thing to remember is that it will destroy the filter if you don't bypass the filter, and can clog other small openings (ie never run it through a fountain or sprayer or anything similar).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

So it wouldn't work on leaks on the bottome of the pool?

4. Back To Top    #4

It can work on leaks on the bottom of the pool. I should have said, it will never work on suction side leaks.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, getting ready to go into the cold, cold water and see if I can find the leak, but good to know, just in case!