used tf100 kit fir first time

May 24, 2013
Arizona
Here r current readings

Chlorine 3.6
Ph 7.8
Ta 150
Ch 180
Now the cya test i never saw the black dot go away stayed their visible till cylinder was filled to top and still saw the dot...

24x52 uf intex..using bbb method...running the 2500 size b cartridge system till next wk. Changing filter cartridge today..

Pool calculator says addd 19 oz muriatic acid and 128 oz of calcium chloride...do i need a pool supply store for those two and should i wait to add those things till i run filter tonite. I run eight hrs about 9:30 when we r done night swimming. Current levels ok for son to swim in today?

Moved your topic to a different forum since it didn't belong in the outdoor kitchen forum.

Yes, adding acid to lower your pH a little is fine. Have you added CYA at all yet? I'd add enough to get you to 30 but don't retest it for another week since it takes a while for the CYA to fully dissolve.

Since you have a liner pool, you don't need to increase your CH as it isn't necessary in vinyl pools.

Based upon those suggestions, the pool water chem readings should be ok for swimming. Just don't let him get in until newly added acid has had a chance to circulate for 30 minutes to and hour.

Definitely get the cya in there. That's the sunscreen for your FC. Without it you'll lose all your FC and then your asking for algae to set up shop.

Also adding cya will also lower ph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.