Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra 18' New Installation

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ultra 18' New Installation

The new Intex Ultra Frame is up and running, currently pumping dichlor into it to raise FC and CYA. After two doses the chlorine is high (18.5) and the CYA has yet to reach minimum levels (20, if I'm reading the "black dot" correctly). Although I had experience with one of the old "blue" Intexes (15'), I gathered lots of valuable information for this install after finding TFP. Thanks! Last evening I did add the ratcheting straps around the feet, since my UF came without a rope. It took all four of mine to reach the entire circumference of the pool, but I feel more secure with it. (Sorry, no pictures of that.) Here is what I do have photos of.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Ultra 18' New Installation

Here's more:
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

3. Back To Top    #3

Cool beans! Nice job. Hope it works out well for you!
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

4. Back To Top    #4

It looks like you did a pretty good job!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

The worst part is waiting for the weather to warm up! Our little beehive solar heater isn't making a dent yet.

6. Back To Top    #6

We just put up our 14 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame yesterday and began filling it. Now we are looking for some type of heater because we also live in Michigan . How did you decide which solar heater to go with? We were thinking the 2 X 10 feet double panels on the roof may be the kind to try. They all get such mixed reviews it's hard to determine which ones actually work.
    second-hand 26' round intex ultra with its included Model 633T cartridge filter pump; 15,000 gallons

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JLSgirl
    We just put up our 14 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame yesterday and began filling it. Now we are looking for some type of heater because we also live in Michigan . How did you decide which solar heater to go with? We were thinking the 2 X 10 feet double panels on the roof may be the kind to try. They all get such mixed reviews it's hard to determine which ones actually work.
    It's one of those beehive-like solar jobbies, bought for our last Intex and not very effective. I'm researching the flat-panel solars too, which would probably be my wife's choice of where to make the next big investment. She likes swimming in bath water, while I want to put money into a deck and landscaping.