Houma, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've got my pool filled with city water. I haven't tested it yet, but did add 2 gallons of Clorox bleach to keep it sterile.

I'm guessing before I put any salt in I should test the water and see what other chemicals need to be added first. Bring up FC levels, then add the recommended salt and CYA.

Does this sound right?

I also assume I need to worry about TA, PH, and FC at this part of the ball game. Once all those are in check, I can go and add salt. Correct?

Ready to get this thing going. My daughter is bugging me about getting in.

Always good to start with a full set of test results.

You will certainly need to raise the CYA. Hang it in a sock in front of a return (safe to swim while it is there).
You also need to test your salt level and add that (can be done at any time ... and daughter may enjoy playing with it: Diamond Day)

Really it is safe to swim 1 hour after adding any bleach or muriatic acid as long as the FC is > minimum and < shock level for your CYA (which is starting at zero).

Now that the pool is full I will test.
I haven't added any salt yet. I got 14 bags ready to go though. I also got 12 lbs of CYA from Lowes. I may need more according to the pool calculator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.