Ascorbic Acid/Sequestering agent question

Jun 5, 2013
I have an old iron stain on the bottom of my pool near the drain. I have put 5 lbs of ascorbic acid on this over the last few days, but it is struggling to lift it. It has faded and there are streaks in the stain. Do I wait to put in the sequestering agent until the stain is completely gone or go ahead and put it in now so it doesn't reset the stain?

The pool has clouded up and I am trying to slowly bring up the chlorine. How long do I need to keep the pump on 24/7? It's been running non stop since I started the process on Thursday.

Did you use Polyquat 60 during the process to prevent algae growth? I'd keep the filter running 24/7 so long as the water is cloudy since filtration should help to clear it. If you didn't use Polyquat, then the cloudiness could be early algae growth in which case getting the chlorine up will help with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.