Pool covers

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
My pool is situated underneath a large live oak tree with 8 more in the backyard, the all seem to drop their leaves right into my pool, one at a time. As a result, each March I get ~100lbs of leaves in my pool and I spend at least 30-45min/day raking leaves from my pool. Obviously this kill my arms, back and the water :cry:

I've looked at the covers that look like a trampoline, that hook to anchors in the concrete decking, but the $4k price sticker tells me that raking leaves once a year is not worth it.

Does anyone have one of these coverings? Do you like it? How about storing it during the swim season?

thanks,
david

sevver said:
I am a huge fan of actually cutting down trees that are problematic. That is what I would do, any tree that is close to a pool or house, that is either a nuisance, or dangerous, gets whacked!

Until I moved to TX that would have been my solution also. But trees here are scarce and sacred so the pool would go before the tree as it adds value to the home, while the pool doesn't. . . . is that heresy to say here? :shock:

david

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.