Foaming after adding bleach

WCB430

Jun 7, 2013
I am converting to chlorine and just started I've poured about 12 gallons of concentrated Clorox into the pool (21 foot diameter by 48inches high). When I'm getting is a lot of foam is this normal?

WCB430 said:
I am converting to chlorine and just started I've poured about 12 gallons of concentrated Clorox into the pool (21 foot diameter by 48inches high). When I'm getting is a lot of foam is this normal?
Oh yeah. Frothy sludge, like something out of a 1950s Horror B-movie.

And why aren't you posting pictures of the technicolor pool changes for us to enjoy?

Scroll through the Bac forum looking for threads with lots of replies and the paperclip icon that indicates pictures.

:nopic:

Yep the foam was pretty..the Chlorine is up to level based on the control strips..so I took a water sample to the store they tested it and quess what I STILL had B in solution:
Total Cl=2.8
free Cl= 2.8
CYA=10
ph=7
total hardness= 73
adj total alkalinity= 67

ok I've got to raise the Alkalinity
ph need to go down

then I had them test for Softswim
softswim b=24
softswim c=0
total hardness= 67
adj total alkalinity= 97

and the water is cloudly
how do I get rid of the B stuff and why is the Alkalinity differnet....it the same water

Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.