Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Foaming after adding bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Foaming after adding bleach

I am converting to chlorine and just started I've poured about 12 gallons of concentrated Clorox into the pool (21 foot diameter by 48inches high). When I'm getting is a lot of foam is this normal?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Foaming after adding bleach

Quote Originally Posted by WCB430
    I am converting to chlorine and just started I've poured about 12 gallons of concentrated Clorox into the pool (21 foot diameter by 48inches high). When I'm getting is a lot of foam is this normal?
    Oh yeah. Frothy sludge, like something out of a 1950s Horror B-movie.

And why aren't you posting pictures of the technicolor pool changes for us to enjoy?

Scroll through the Bac forum looking for threads with lots of replies and the paperclip icon that indicates pictures.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I swear I saw smoke coming off my pool when I first started my Baq conversion. Don't let it scare you. Take lots of pics, we love to watch your progress.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep the foam was pretty..the Chlorine is up to level based on the control strips..so I took a water sample to the store they tested it and quess what I STILL had B in solution:
    Total Cl=2.8
    free Cl= 2.8
    CYA=10
    ph=7
    total hardness= 73
    adj total alkalinity= 67

ok I've got to raise the Alkalinity
    ph need to go down

then I had them test for Softswim
    softswim b=24
    softswim c=0
    total hardness= 67
    adj total alkalinity= 97

and the water is cloudly
    how do I get rid of the B stuff and why is the Alkalinity differnet....it the same water

Bill

5. Back To Top    #5

I think the answer is Pool Store Testing.

Check out the chart in this thread. inconsistency-in-readings-t61728.html
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!