Skimmer high water overflow-ideas?

Mar 18, 2013
The Skimmer level is obviously the lowest water level point on the pool. Lower than the wall, so excess water levels from rain, splashing swimmers, etc will obviously overflow the skimmer area before ever reaching the top of the pool wall. Trying to figure out someway to divert any water overflow coming out of skimmer area and catch it below or around sides of skimmer and divert it to where it is not dumping all around pump pad (even though I have french drain and pea gravel around area).
Does anyone have any ideas? My first thought was cut off the bottom of a bleach jug and invert upside down and cup the jug around the skimmer (housing) and put a flex pipe of some sort attached to the upside down mouth of the bleach jug to carry overflow water to where I would like it to go. But, not sure how I would attach it to skimmer housing. Anyone have a solution?

How handy are you?

If it was me...I'd drill a hole in the skimmer at the overflow level and install a bulkhead fitting, then a hose nipple, and then run a hose off to wherever. Go to a mom-n-pop hardware store and tell them what you are doing and what you want and I bet they fix you up. Remind them it's not a pressure system.

Google it and you'll see all kinds of pictures of a bulkhead fitting.

Thanks, i googled it and it get the idea of a bulkhead adapter now. Sounds good. I am a little nervous about drilling it, but I don't think it would crack the skimmer housing and I could do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.