I have been going through the shock process all week because I have been using so much chlorine. I'm now on day 4 and I lost 4ppm last night. I started the night with FC of 23 and now I'm 18. My CC has never been anything but 0 and my pool has been crystal clear ever since I started the BBB method in the beginning of the spring. I'm was using about 1 gallon of 12% bleach from SAMs a day so I decided to do the shock process because I thought I was using to much bleach. My CYA is between 40-50 but my pool is in direct sunlight with a water temp of about 90, should I have a higher cya?
Also my ph has always been perfect between 7.4-7.6. I just use lots of chlorine.