Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 26x52 Ultra build. Question about leveling.

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 26x52 Ultra build. Question about leveling.

I am replacing an 18x48 Summer Escapes pool with an Intex 26x52. As you can see from the pictures, I have the original spot where the old pool was then I marked a 22 foot line and a 26 foot line just for comparisons as I was curious to see the difference between the two. Any way 80 percent of my ground is level except where when you are looking at the pictures from the 12 o'clock to the 2 o'clock position(where the board is), that area is low by about 1-1/2" more towards the edges than in the middle. I already dug out the high spots and all of those areas are rock hard. My question is do you think it will be ok the build up an area that size? Should I concentrate on where the legs would be and be sure that it is compact? Also what type of material should I use to do it. I really don't want to dig down anymore. I'm exhausted from taking up the grass. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    35k gal, sand, IG, vinyl, 1HP pump, 62 gpm, 10/2003

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Intex 26x52 Ultra build. Question about leveling.

It is understandable that you do not want to do anymore digging, but the most reliable way to do it is to dig down to undisturbed ground. Loosening what you need to dig with a rake can help.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.