Need help deciding

Jun 7, 2013
Hi everyone
Trying to decide on a vouge ultrada or a lieslie pool admiral. The admiral will be about 2 g cheaper, but i have to get the instal!ers,sand and water, i already figured there costs in. Should i pay the extra for everything taken care of? Plus its hard to tell which pool is better. Thanksfor your help.

Having it professionally installed is a good idea if you aren't much of a DIYer. Also, with above ground pools, it is very important to level the ground well before installation. This can be a lot of physical work. I would take these things into account.

I am not an expert but looks like those are very different pools.

I wonder who makes the pool for Leslie's? Looks a lot like one of the Wilbar brands (Sharkline, Aqua Leader, other private labels). Asahi seems to be the other major brand/maker.

I think the biggest difference in AG pools is resin vs. steel. Almost all of them have steel WALLS bu the top and bottom rails, riser and top caps are either ALL resin. ALL steel or a mix (steel bottom rails and risers, resin tops... various options). You need to determine if rust is a big issue for you vs a cost difference in resin.

I have wondered, when buying an AG pool, how much difference the "pool" makes. The pool is just the walls, risers, and caps. The liner, plumbing, pump filter and installation are more "long term" important.

http://www.sharkline.com/
http://www.aqualeader.com/swf/index.html

I forgot... everything outside the "pool" is selected and priced by the dealer... the liner, pump, motor, filter, ladder,...

It's my guess you could better suited choosing the size pool you want, choose your pump/filter based on the number of gallons and media preferences and then choose the pool maker... then get a price. The ladder and other "add ins" can sweeten the deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.