Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confusion about FC and TC levdl

1. Back To Top    #1

Confusion about FC and TC levdl

Ok this is probably a really dumb question. I have new k-2006 test kit and have actually gotten clear water in three days! Hooray! Still keeping FC at about 15 but I used old Walmart kit just to see what it would say and it's barely registering 5 in TC what in the world is that?? Am I crazy?
    AGP: 24' x 52" cartridge filter: 13,500 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confusion about FC and TC levdl

What kind of test kit is it and how "old" is it? You have a good test kit so I would stick with that one and forget the old one. What readings are you getting from your good kit for TC. TC=FC+CC
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Your new Taylor kit is a far superior kit when compared to the other one. Stick with those values.

4. Back To Top    #4

My FC is 15 and CC is 0 the ild one is the Walmart HTH kit just thought it was bizarre.

5. Back To Top    #5

Those kind of test only read up to 5ppm. That's why the FAS-DPD test are recommended for higher levels of chlorine.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought I had it so high it would be dark orange. Oh well. I will just stop messing with the old one!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by passionsrlz
    I thought I had it so high it would be dark orange. Oh well. I will just stop messing with the old one!
    If the Walmart kit reads shades of yellow, then it should have gone orange.

If it uses shades of pink, it might have bleached out from high FC. That's why the TF100 uses the yellow indicator tester.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

I shouldn't have played with old one because it has me confused. My new kit is showing me 15 FC. The Walmart one isn't turning dark orange and its worrying me. But I know to trust the better kit. I was just curious.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

I shouldn't have played with old one because it has me confused.
    Throw it away and use a kit you can trust.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School