Good morning and hello to all!

Greetings and welcome to TFP!

As a new member, too, I can tell you that you will find the people here friendly, patient, knowledgeable and VERY helpful!

A few suggestions I would offer you are:

1. If you haven't already, get one of the recommended test kits and use it. They may seem expensive at first blush, but when you consider how much you'll save on chemicals and trips to the pool store, it will more than compensate for the cost of the kit. You must know what your pool is doing to successfully maintain it. The experts here need those test results to help you learn to properly maintain your pool and help you resolve any problems. When I first got mine, I was initially intimidated by it but, after using it a few times, it's really quite simple.

2. Read Pool School. Read it again. Once you get your test kit and have used it a couple of times, read it again! Also, read even the topics you think don't really apply to your setup. You'll be surprised at the little tidbits of information you'll find!

3. Browse the forums. There is TONS of great information available there!

4. Ask questions! If you're unsure about something, ask. The folks here are more than willing to help you LEARN! Follow their advice and you'll find yourself confidently caring for your own pool in no time!

WELCOME! You have found THE place to be when you have a pool!

1st step-order a pool-done

2nd step-order a GOOD test kit -see my siggy for a link to them.

3ed step-jump into your pool and go awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Kim