Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good morning and hello to all!

1. Back To Top    #1

Smithfield, VA

Good morning and hello to all!

My name is Leslie and I live in Smithfield, Va. I just purchased a 24' round AGP due to be installed on 06/22. I have no idea what I am getting into so I am sure that this site will soon become my best friend.
    24' X 52" 13,500gal AGP, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Hayward sand filter & 2013 Hayward Diver Dave (I call him Scuba Steve)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Good morning and hello to all!

Welcome to TFP.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Marietta, Georgia

Greetings and welcome to TFP!

As a new member, too, I can tell you that you will find the people here friendly, patient, knowledgeable and VERY helpful!

A few suggestions I would offer you are:

1. If you haven't already, get one of the recommended test kits and use it. They may seem expensive at first blush, but when you consider how much you'll save on chemicals and trips to the pool store, it will more than compensate for the cost of the kit. You must know what your pool is doing to successfully maintain it. The experts here need those test results to help you learn to properly maintain your pool and help you resolve any problems. When I first got mine, I was initially intimidated by it but, after using it a few times, it's really quite simple.

2. Read Pool School. Read it again. Once you get your test kit and have used it a couple of times, read it again! Also, read even the topics you think don't really apply to your setup. You'll be surprised at the little tidbits of information you'll find!

3. Browse the forums. There is TONS of great information available there!

4. Ask questions! If you're unsure about something, ask. The folks here are more than willing to help you LEARN! Follow their advice and you'll find yourself confidently caring for your own pool in no time!
    13500 gal above ground (24' round/4' deep), vinyl, 2hp/2 speed pump, ProClean cartridge filter (125 sq ft surface area), Hayward auto chlorinator (turned off!).

"There once was a fellow named Harry, who's pool became green and contrary!
    Then he found TroubleFree, learned about BBB, now pool care's not quite as scary!"

6. Back To Top    #6
    Tallahassee, FL

WELCOME! You have found THE place to be when you have a pool!

1st step-order a pool-done

2nd step-order a GOOD test kit -see my siggy for a link to them.

3ed step-jump into your pool and go awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Don't listen to your namesake or her minions at her pool store.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!