FC Keeps raising

May 16, 2013
We have gotten the CY finally above 60, and our PH is holding at 7.5, even though our TA is still at 160. We turned on the SWG 2 nights ago, and at first saw our FC raise from 3 to 5. I turned production down to 20% on the SWG, but testing last night showed Ph holding, CYA at 60 and FC was now 9.

Why does my FC keep raising the way it does, even though we are dropping production on the SWG?

Admittedly, because of the cool temps Minnesota has experienced, we are usually only using the pool on weekends, but I'm still surprised at the High FC levels.

Do I just shut down the SWG for a few days until FC drops into normal range, and then start up again?

Thanks!

Why does my FC keep raising the way it does, even though we are dropping production on the SWG?
Easy enough...your are still putting in more FC than is being consumed. If you cannot lower the percentage any further, cut down on the run time of your SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.