Air from blower, but no water thru one spa jet

Jun 5, 2013
I have a 16,000 gal plaster pool/spa spillover combo. The spa has a 1 1/2" drain at the bottom that leads to the main 3/4 hp whisperflo pump. The pumped water goes through the filter and heater then returns to the spa on a side wall inlet. I also have a 2 hp whisperflo dedicated spa jet pump With 2" PVC piping. There is also a 1 hp Mariah blower by Hydro Air that is separated by a jandy valve that controls air flow between the floor of the spa or the side jets. The dedicated jet pump is fueled by (2) 2" drains at the bottom of the spa. I have 4 jets. Jets 1, 2 and 4 work great. With just the dedicated pump on, the water shoots out with great power. Jet #3 on the other hand, is auctioning the water from the spa. When I add in the air from the blower, once again, jets 1, 2 and 4 work perfect. Jet 3 shoots out a lot of air that merely bubbles to the surface. Still no water from the dedicated pump.

Today, I shot air from my compressor through the jet towards the pump. First, I closed the jandy valve for the blower side jets to create pressure and capped all the other jets. The air from the compressor went into the pump filter basket area from the jet with no problems. No evidence of any debris. I then tried it the opposite way and the air came thru the jet. So why am I not getting any water in that jet, and even worse suction? Could it still be possible the pipe is clogged? If so, what do I do? Or is this some type of auxillery suction pipe to augment the floor drain?

Is this a new spa? The air line is separate from the water line so while the air line may be clear the water line is probably clogged. You can remove the outer jet fitting and then the jet nozzle which is deep inside the spa with a long socket wrench. Try running the spa without the nozzle to see if that clears it out.

Thanks Mark. I used a small flashlight and was able to see that there was what appeared to be a pebble blocking the orifice. I used a long small rod to reach in there just to see if I could move the rock. When that rod penetrated the orifice, dirt and small pebbles came gushing out. It now works!!! Unbelievable, this site is the bomb, I have been able to fix two problems in as many days when I had given up and resigned myself that my pool was just old and falling apart. U guys r the best. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.