Water Polisher?

Jun 1, 2008
North Carolina
My very first post! I purchased an above ground pool from a couple who had it up for a year and then were forced to take it down by their home owners association. I have wanted a pool for as long as I can remember and I am anxious to get swimming and do things right. The pool came in about a zillion dirty pieces, most of which are laying across my backyard. The grader is coming on Tuesday and the installer on Wednesday. Hopefully, I will be filling it Wednesday night. I have spent hours reading through numerous posts and learning most everything I think I will need to know for right now. My concern are the bits and pieces of equipment. I have never cared for a pool and have no idea how the pump or filter or skimmer gets hooked up. I am hoping the installer will help with this. If not, I will be posting pictures of pieces and asking for help.
Ok, here comes the actual question. One of the pieces of equipment is a baquapure water polisher. What is this? Where does it go? I am planning to use the BBB method for my chemistry. Do I need this piece of equipment? If so what do I do with it?
This forum has been so much help so far and pool isn't even installed yet. Thanks for the help!!!!

isoldmyexonebay said:
have you thought about using baquacil

There is probably not a single person on this forum who would recommend using baquacil. While some are able to use it sucessfully for a season or two, nearly everyone has problems eventually and switches to good ol' chlorine.

In any case, the OP said s/he is going to use the BBB method...

Welcome amersonl!

The baquapure water polisher is a tablet feeder. It can be used to feed either baquacil tablets or trichlor tablets. If it has already been used to feed baquacil tablets it may not be worth the effort of cleaning it out well enough to use with chlorine. Even if it is clean and never used it is of only small value, as we don't recommend trichlor tablets much around here, though they can sometimes be handy for vacations, if you are careful not to use too much trichlor.

water polisher for sale haha

Thanks so much for the help. Does anyone know someone who wants to buy a used water polisher? Haha
I'm not sure if the couple who owned the equipment before me used baquacil. Do you think I will need to replace the sand in the filter? They only used it for one summer. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.