I Witnessed the Birth of a BBB'r!

UN1017

May 12, 2012
Sacramento, CA
A friend of mine just finished his new pool (IG Pebble Sheen with all the bells and whistles). He hired all of his subcontractors and even did a lot of work himself.

I asked him if he was going to do his own pool maintenance and he wasn't sure. I told him he can do it and I can give him some guidance. I sent him to a pool store to get the needed supplies for when his pool was filled. (Don't be nervous. Keep reading.)

I had him get:
- bleach
- MA
- stabilizer
- pole
- brush
- and a TF-100 (yes....there is certain store that carries them in the Sac area)

He told the clerk that he was new to the whole pool thing and was sent here to to get these items. He said the clerk was apprehensive to give him all the chemicals at first (understandable) until he uttered, "I also need a TF-100." It almost sounds like that was the secret password. :wink: They prepared his requested items and out the door he went.

Fast forward to fill completion day. With Pebble Sheen startup procedures in hand, we did a hands-on version of Pool School and fired up the TF-100. I showed him how to test the pH, TA and CH. I introduced him to the Pool Calculator and had him make the appropriate adjustments.

One thing I failed to mention.....I brought my SpeedStir along and now he wants one. :cool:

It felt pretty good to help someone take control of their pool from the very start and give them knowledge to avoid future frustration and disappointment. Keep up the good work everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.