Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I Witnessed the Birth of a BBB'r!

1. Back To Top    #1

I Witnessed the Birth of a BBB'r!

A friend of mine just finished his new pool (IG Pebble Sheen with all the bells and whistles). He hired all of his subcontractors and even did a lot of work himself.

I asked him if he was going to do his own pool maintenance and he wasn't sure. I told him he can do it and I can give him some guidance. I sent him to a pool store to get the needed supplies for when his pool was filled. (Don't be nervous. Keep reading.)

I had him get:
    - bleach
    - MA
    - stabilizer
    - pole
    - brush
    - and a TF-100 (yes....there is certain store that carries them in the Sac area)

He told the clerk that he was new to the whole pool thing and was sent here to to get these items. He said the clerk was apprehensive to give him all the chemicals at first (understandable) until he uttered, "I also need a TF-100." It almost sounds like that was the secret password. They prepared his requested items and out the door he went.

Fast forward to fill completion day. With Pebble Sheen startup procedures in hand, we did a hands-on version of Pool School and fired up the TF-100. I showed him how to test the pH, TA and CH. I introduced him to the Pool Calculator and had him make the appropriate adjustments.

One thing I failed to mention.....I brought my SpeedStir along and now he wants one.

It felt pretty good to help someone take control of their pool from the very start and give them knowledge to avoid future frustration and disappointment. Keep up the good work everyone!
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I Witnessed the Birth of a BBB'r!

Sounds like you did good.

Ike

p.s. you should get him to join here, maybe he could be UN1791 that way we would all know who referred him
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Nice work, 1017 It feels pretty nice to help someone out, huh?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, get him on here!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

The speedstir rocks!
    32000 Gallon 18'X40' Rectangular Gunite pool. Pentair 60sqft DE filter. Electric heat pump. Aquamatic Pool Cover.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Yeah, get him on here!
    For some reason I knew you going to want pics. Let me see what I can do.

I guess I did more than witness the birth....I'm kind of his TFP daddy!
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM