Algae and other help....

May 11, 2012
Aledo, TX
We have some unusual brown spots on our pool. I would think it was algae it isn't slimey and it doesn't brush off. Here are my numbers - the FCC is low because we didn't put any chlorine in it last night because it was storming.

Ph 8.0
FCC 1.5
TA 150
CH 175
CYA less than 30

I don't know what to attach first!

thank you for any help!

pH first. It should only take an hour or less to mix well and then you can raise FC.

CYA can be adjusted all the while, as it takes a few days to dissolve. It gets tied up in a sock or nylon stocking and suspended in front of a return or dangled off some kind of float like an empty bleach bottle or a pool noodle. Don't just pour it in the skimmer. If you need to backwash, you'll lose it.

As for the stain, post a picture.

[center:3j5judum]
file.php
[/center:3j5judum]

Green pool turned blue but now in trouble

Mod alert: Please keep your posts about same subject in one thread...thanks :)

We have a mesh cover that we use to protect our pool from the spring live oak 'droppings.' It was a swamp when we pulled it off last month. After weeks of pool school help and a lot of cleaning of the filter, the pool is clear. BUT now we have some brown patches. I would think it was algae but it isn't slimey and it doesn't rub off. I add 128 oz of 8% bleach each night and and about of quart of muratic acid every two days to low the PH. I know we aren't doing it 'right' yet. Here are my numbers. My FCC is low because we had a storm last night and I didn't add chlorine.

What should we focus on???

Ph 8.0
FCC 1.5
TA 150
CH 175
CYA less than 30

I add 128 oz of 8% bleach each night and and about of quart of muratic acid every two days to low the PH. I know we aren't doing it 'right' yet. Should I be worried about the TA or the CH?

Ph 8.0
FCC 1.5
TA 150
CH 175
CYA less than 30

Attachments

• IMG_1197 (800x598).jpg
    IMG_1197 (800x598).jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1199 (800x598).jpg
    IMG_1199 (800x598).jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.