Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which way should the eyeballs be pointing and why?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which way should the eyeballs be pointing and why?

Currently mine are pointed up to help aerate to bring ph up while bring TA down. Also wondering why the need for more chlorine after rain? Is it because of dilution (of pool water) or contaminants? We're expected to get up to 3" of rain and lots of wind this weekend from tropical storm Andrea.
    10,000 gallon inground, gunite, 500lb sand filter. Brand new to this pool thing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which way should the eyeballs be pointing and why?

Point them whichever way they give you the best circulation-----experiment! Contaminants and dirt mostly.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I also had it pointing up for a long time, but after I switch to pointing down and towards the left I have noticed that the water gets better circulation. The pool was hard to keep crystal clear but after doing this, is way better... (or maybe it is because I started reading this forum and actually learned how to take care of my pool)
    30k Gallon in-ground, Vinyl, Loop-Loc cover, Hayward Super Pump, Hayward s-200 sand filter, Dolphin supreme m5, TF100 Test Kit, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine point a little up and towards the skimmers seems to keep things cleaner but I have tons of trees
    15,500 gal, IG, Blue quartz gunite, Hayward - SWG, C4530 MicroBan filter,2 speed Tristar pump, 400k heater, Phantom Turbo cleaner, 36" edge fountain