Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump for slide?

1. Back To Top    #1

pump for slide?

We're going to get a custom slide made for our pool. So far about 30 feet long coming from an upper deck. The water coming to the current slide may be too small of a flow. The current specs say 200 gpm.
    Anybody out there got such a slide? Would a booster pump intended for a cleaner do the job? Can that be added to current plumbing? Does that kind of flow go through 2 skimmers? We don't have a main drain. only skimmers.

I'm just trying to think ahead to the plumbing. the slide is in the design stage now. They are not a local company to me. the slide will be shipped and I arrange install.

Thanks for any insight.

upstate SC , 11K gal IG vinyl liner, 1HP superflo, Pentair DE filter, AE-Ti Heatpump, Aquarite SWG, Colorsplash LED,2 Bubblers, 4 Deck jets, Small interfab slide (3.5'), Coverstar opaque blue automatic cover.
    install completed 7/5/2007

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: pump for slide?

200 GPM is a LOT of water, your talking about full flow at around 20 feet of head lift of a 2 - 2.5 HP pump
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: pump for slide?

I think I run about 1 GPM max on my slide otherwise the water just shoots out and over the slide
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!