pool remodel in progress

Jun 5, 2013
Indiana
Hi, New to the forum and looking forward to getting water back in the pool. Some background info. I'm in Indiana. Bought this house with the pool about 3 years ago. The pool was built in 1969, about 22x40. Porcelain coated steel walls with a concrete bottom. We installed an automatic cover shortly after moving in. It appears the seller did a lot of cosmetic things to the pool before the sale of the house, such as painting the bottom and touching up rust spots. It looked good initially but quickly deteriorated to show its real age. This year we decided it was time to remodel. Hired a contractor to replace broken concrete deck areas and then cover the entire deck with thin pavers. The pool contractor started last week, tiling the walls. Grout is being applied now as seen in the low res pic. The bottom has been super high pressure washed to remove all paint. The main drain will be replaced with one meeting current code and the pool floor will be finished with Hydrazzo, which to my understanding is a plaster with marble aggregate. The whole process was supposed to be complete May 31, but of course they are running behind. Purchased a new heater and installed it already and in the process redid a bunch of the plumbing around the sand filter and heater. Previously I have mostly tried to balance the chemicals myself and consulted the pool store about once a month, but it seemed like every visit cost me at least $100 so will be trying the BBB method as much as possible. Should be able to post some better pics later. Mark
[attachment=0:3pd64ktc]grout.jpg[/attachment:3pd64ktc]

Attachments

• grout.jpg
    grout.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 142
Big job! Lookin good. We did a rehab on our 40 year old pool about 18 years ago when we moved in. I regret not taking pictures of the plumbing they had done, writing down the pool paint used, etc. because now we have a leak and it's puzzling that it's suppose to be near the skimmer that was replaced. Just a suggestion.... Document as much as you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.