Question about using the bleach

Jun 6, 2013
Hi. I am new to this forum and new to the DIY pool maintenance. Since I am still waiting for the delivery of 100 test kit. This week, I am using the test kit from home depot. The chlorine level is around 1.0, ph level around 8.2, acid demand is 2drops, TA is 10 drops.
I just bought some 8.25% bleach from supermarket. According to the pool calculator, the pool need 64 oz 8.25% bleach, as I understand, I can just pour this amount of bleach to the pool to adjust the Chlorine level, right? It is about half of the big bleach bottle. I have never used so much bleach at one time. So just wanna make sure ahead.

Thanks!!!

Welcome to TFP!

If your pool is really 140,000 gallons, 64 oz of bleach isn't going to do much. If it's 14,000 gallons, it will raise your FC about 3ppm. Assuming your CYA is below 30ppm, that is reasonable, but if it's higher than that you'll need more chlorine

Thank you very much,. I just changed my typo in signature. It s 14,000 gallons. As soon as I get the more advanced test kit, I will test the CYA level to get more accurate information about how much chemical I need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.