Low Flow Alarm on SWG

Jun 6, 2013
My pool is set on a timer to run in the morning. I am gone some weekends so I need to be able to have the pool running when I'm not there. I seem to go through the normal issues with the "low flow" alarm on a regular basis. My question is...if the pool switches on on one of the weekends when I'm not home and I'm not there to correct the problem, will I be doing any damage to the SWG if it sets off the "low flow" alarm for the full amount of the run time? I'm not sure if the alarm sounds for a certain amount of time if it will automatically shut off or if the timer on the SWG itself will just do it when the cycle time is technically completed.

The only issue is that when low flow is triggered, it will shut off the SWG so you won't be generating chlorine. Not a problem for the SWG but it could be an issue for the pool.

But the real question is why you are getting a low flow alarm.

Are you trying to run the SWG on low speed of a two speed pump?

What is your filter pressure and what is it after you have backwashed the filter?

Also, please fill out your signature and location: pool-school/read_before_you_post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.