I'm about to give up!

MidwestMama

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
We bought a new Splash Superpool last year and got it finished being set up in late fall. We didn't hook up the pump at that time because we were closing it immediately. We had to set it up to build the deck around it.

We went to hook up the pump the other day and the hose was about 1-2 feet too short. We solved that by putting in PVC for part of the run. We went to open the pump today so I can start shocking the pool (we both keep being out of town so it takes a day or two to accomplish things that require us both) We primed the pump only to discover that when we close the air bleed, it still is leaking significant amounts of water. My husband tried to twist it closed tightly and says its tightened all of the way. He says its a screw valve. He said it is also leaking around the top where the mechanical part that the hoses all attach to connects to the big barrel part.

I wish I could just send the pool back. It has been one problem after another and we've never even been in it. The pool slid about 1-2 inches crooked over the winter. This matters because its fully surrounded by the deck. The deck has a built in retaining wall so it is likely that it won't slide more.

How do I fix this leak on the pump? Also, can I hook up another hose if I buy one to the backwash location to avoid it spraying water all over its current spot?

Thanks... I need help.

I looked at the manuals here: http://www.splashpools.com/Splash_Pools ... &pagSize=7 Not sure which filter you have.

Is it possible the bleed valve is missing the O-ring? It ought to be easy to find one at a hardware store.
A picture would be really helpful. If I'm visualizing things correctly, it's also leaking from the tank O-ring. That's usually just a matter of cleaning everything - everything, no grass, grit, sand - and lubricating the big giant O-ring.

I will look at it again tomorrow. Its too dark now. I will try to get a picture, but it was spraying water all over everywhere so hard to get the camera close. It is a Pentair filter, but I don't know the numbers off the top of my head. Thanks for the speedy reply!

You were spot on. There was no o ring at all. The pool store was closed for the next 3 days. My husband went and they gave him the wrong one, took another day before I could go back & exchange it. Then, even with lube it would NOT let the top closed enough. Today we were able to get it closed using a 2x4 as a lever. It's under our deck and you can't get over the top of it. It's been a long road but today the pump is working well and the pool went from green to blue already. It's not clear water, but I'm taking today's progress as a win. I'm hoping to swim by next weekend.

MidwestMama said:
You were spot on. There was no o ring at all. The pool store was closed for the next 3 days. My husband went and they gave him the wrong one, took another day before I could go back & exchange it. Then, even with lube it would NOT let the top closed enough. Today we were able to get it closed using a 2x4 as a lever. It's under our deck and you can't get over the top of it. It's been a long road but today the pump is working well and the pool went from green to blue already. It's not clear water, but I'm taking today's progress as a win. I'm hoping to swim by next weekend.
:party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.