Water table

Jun 5, 2013
I need help. I am putting in a new liner in my pool. Problem is I can't keep the deepend dry. I have a backhoe and sump pumps. I have one 10ft hole by the end of the deepend with a pump running. The pool is 8ft. How can I beat the water table.

I am not an expert but here is my 2 cents. If you are trying to lower the water table more than a 1'-2' you might want to wait until the weather drys out. Or you could of course dig your 10' hole a bit deeper. The water will likely drop on its own once the spring rains pass.

There are a wide range of approaches, depending on just how high the water table is and how quickly it refills after being pumped out. One approach is to wait until dry season. Sometimes you need multiple well points all the way around the pool, each with a sump pump. In extreme cases you sometimes have to install french drains all the way around the pool below the depth of the bottom of the pool.

Where are you located? Someone with as Bobcat with a post hole auger and an extension bit could probably drill you a series of dry wells around the perimeter of the deep end in under an hour, you might then consider lining them with PVC sewer pipe, and put sump pumps in each.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.