CH in vinyl pool - why the minimum target?

Welcome to TFP!

When we were making up the standard levels we discovered that we don't have enough examples of vinyl pools with CH below 50 to be completely sure what happens. The few vinyl pools we know of with CH that low never had any problems, but there weren't enough of them for us to be completely sure. Thus, we picked 50, because we can be completely sure of 50.

My CH is currently at 20. I will let you know if I notice any problems this year. I was running about 30 last year, and I assume since the pool was installed. The pool is about 7 years old, and I have not noticed any problems.

I've had zero CH for the last 5 years and have had no problems. The vinyl is just as supple as the day it was installed. Since I've followed the TFP method almost since the beginning I don't know if that is the reason or the zero CH is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Much the same here, liner is about 8 years old, have not added any CH in a few years, fill water has a CH of 30 ppm , pool currently just under 40 ppm CH. Note some liner manufacturers specify certain CH for warranty coverage, if this is just a random number or not I don't know.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.