Chlorine

Jul 7, 2012
I did my tests yesterday morning. For the first time, I got a CC reading of 1. My FC has been pretty stable around 4.5 for the past few weeks.

Free CL - 4.5
Comb CL - 1
PH - 7.4
Total Alk - 80
CYA - 65

I was worried about the CC so I tested again last night.

This time, my FC was at 6 and my CC was 0-.5 (when I added the reagent the solution was very faint pink and cleared completely with one drop).

Is a jump in FC normal? Is it normal for CC to lower on its own?

The water is crystal clear and there was no rain or anything unusual yesterday.

CC is broken down by the sun or FC, so it fluctuates. 1ppm is a little higher than we like to see, you could just add bleach to temporarily boost the FC.

When does your SWG run? If the second test was after the SWG had run all day, then it would be normal for the FC to rise some.

Thanks. Up to this point, we've had a tree that's been dropping alot of Crud into the pool so we've been running it quite a bit. The droppings from the tree have stalled, so we should be able to run it less or turn down the rpm on it. If I lower the rpm on the pump, do I need to up the % of chlorine from the SWG? Or is that just if I shut down the pump for a number of hours per day?

As long as the pump is moving enough water for the SWG to operate ... it will make the same amount of FC regardless of the pump speed.

If you shorten the pump run time (turn it off), then you may need to increase the % setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.