First I would like to say hi to everyone. I'm new to the forum and a first time pool owner. I am a single father with two teenage daughters. We just moved to a house with a pool. I work full time and I'm doing the best i can to open this pool on a tight budget for my daughters to enjoy. The pool was crystal clear last summer. It had a mesh cover over it all winter so there are no heavy debris. After removing the cover last week, this is what i found.[attachment=0:2vgs0m7w]PART_1370444802083.jpeg[/attachment:2vgs0m7w] I have figured out how to run the pump and filter system. Still not sure how the swg system works.
I made a rookie mistake by starting the shock treatment before testing the water. I have added 5 lbs of 6 in 1 pool shock w/algicide, brushed walls and floor, and running filter non stop except to backwash and rinse to no avail. I started this 24 hours ago. Today I had the water tested at a local pool store. About 16 hours after adding the shock.
And the results are:
CC: 0 (The pool store calls this Total Available Chlorine (TAC) Is this the same as CC?)
Calcium Hardness: 130
I have read a lot on this forum and I'm so confused on what to use, how much to use, and when to use it. That is why I'm turning to the experts here. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to clear up this pool. Like i said I'm on a tight budget and I cant afford the top of the line water testers but i can get it tested at the pool store every day if need be. Thanks in advanced for any help you can give me.