Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Proline Chlorinator, need O-ring

Proline Chlorinator, need O-ring

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for your own questions instead of reviving a 5 year old one. Thanks, jblizzle

My proline chlorinator is only 3 weeks old and its leaking at the lid. After inspecting I discovered the o ring gasket is shot..Does anybody else have this brand chlorinator and know where to get the replacement o ring? I'm not digging the fact that the o ring is shot already.
    24' 52" intex,intex SWG lots to learn

Proline chlorinator

Topics merged. Please don't double post! Bama

My proline chlorinator is only 3 weeks old and its leaking at the lid. After inspecting it I discovered the o ring gasket is shot..All bumpy and has a gash. Does anybody else have this brand chlorinator and know where to get the replacement o ring? Namco has to order one and its leaking a bit of water out at all times. I'm not digging the fact that the o ring is shot already.

Re: Proline chlorinator

Just a heads up that very few members here use the in-line chlorinators due to the problems associated with continued use of the tablets which may explain why you do not get many responses.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Gone: Hayward RS1500 pump, undersized DIY solar heater, Dolphin Dynamic Robotic Cleaner
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Re: Proline Chlorinator, need O-ring

You should be able to order one online. What happened to the o-ring? Did it get pinched or something else?

Looking back through some history, you're not the first one to have problems with this brand of chlorinator.

If you'll spend some time reading this site you'll ditch the chlorinator and then you won't have to worry about the o-ring. :-B
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Re: Proline Chlorinator, need O-ring

The o ring had a decent size cut in it. Yeah I can see myself ditching the in line chlorinator. Thanks for the responses