Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from Central Indiana

1. Back To Top    #1

Yorktown, IN

Hi from Central Indiana

I've been visiting the site for a few weeks, but just decided to register. I have a 24' round above ground pool. I bought a house that already had the pool, so it has been a learning experience. After a couple years of learning how to maintain it properly, I finally decided to build a deck for it this spring. Now that I have a nice deck to use the pool, it has been too cold to actually use it over last two weeks and the next week isn't looking good. So now I'm seriously looking into solar heat. I have a nice area just north of the pool that would fit multiple 20' panels, and gets sun for at least 10 hours a day. So I'm currently trying to research designs and products that other people on the site have used.

24'x54" Above-Ground Pool, 15,000 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi from Central Indiana

Hi Chris! I'm in central Indiana too. Welcome!
    Central Indiana, 7200 gallon, IG fiberglass, L250 Jacuzzi sand filter, Hayward H150 gas heater, Pentair fiber optic light - installed '06. AOSmith 1.0hp pump, CPSC-24 SWG - installed '13. TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Hi from Central Indiana

Welcome to TFP.

That pool has about 450 sgft of surface area and you should come as close to that amount of solar panels as you can. 50% works to some degree but more is better.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit