Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing safety line anchor in cantilever edge

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing safety line anchor in cantilever edge

I searched and found a couple of older threads about similar questions but not exactly what I was looking for. Prior to my decking being done, my PB added two eyeball anchors that drilled into the top of the steel pool wall so I could attached my safety line and floats When my deck was poured, my cement guy removed them and said it was because I was having a cantilever edge done and those anchors wouldn;t work. He said I need to buy differnt eyeball rings and drill into the cement to install. Once thread I found said that this was not exactly easy. Looking for ideas on wht I can do to get my safety line reinstalled. Here is a pic of the edge whch is about 3-4" in height.

Thanks!

2012 (late install) 20x40 inground Oasis steel pool with vinyl liner. Pentair DE Filter with Whisper Flow 1HP pump and Pentair 400K BTU heater.
    2016 Marquis Promise Spa (2 pump model)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing safety line anchor in cantilever edge

Bump....been asking friends about this and none of them think it's a good idea to drill into the side of the concrete as they think it will crack. Since this is for a safety line it doesn't need to be full on load bearing but still strong enough to stay in place in case a child hangs on it.

Has anyone installed some kind of eyeball hoop/anchor with a vinyl pool and cantilever edge after the deck was poured or am I poop out of luck??
    2012 (late install) 20x40 inground Oasis steel pool with vinyl liner. Pentair DE Filter with Whisper Flow 1HP pump and Pentair 400K BTU heater.
    2016 Marquis Promise Spa (2 pump model)

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm wondering about this too. I have the same issue and not sure how to solve it.

4. Back To Top    #4

(OLD THREAD, I KNOW) I have pretty much the same cement coping as you do. My PB drilled into the side of the coping in order to install my winter safety cover. I needed an attaching point for the cover. Use a hammer drill and a 1/4 inch bit. Really shouldn't be a problem. Yeah, it may chip a very little around he hole. Start out slow with the drill speed and you will be fine.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)