Help. Automatic way to add bleach into pool?

DanaSC

May 16, 2012
Lexington, SC
So I am very busy with two children. I stay at home with them, but I have such a crazy schedule that I keep forgetting (and putting off) to add bleach to my pool every other day. I keep getting algae...my own fault, I know. Is there something sold out there that isn't outrageously priced that I can put in the pool or something to do this on a regular basis for me?

Also, is there a polaris-type thing that will brush the pool? Like a robot brush or something? We finally got a polaris and we love it. What a good investment. And now I'm getting lazy and think it'd be great if I had something that would brush the pool for me too.

There are several things out there that will bleach to the pool. First off, have you conesidered a swg?

If it's bleach delivery you want. There is the liquidator (LQ) that adds bleach whenever the pump runs. There is also injection pumps and tanks which can be ran with your main pump or be on a separate timer set to run some portion of the time the main pump runs. The LQ is about $180 and the Injection pump/tank is about $300.

DanaSC said:
Thanks! i'll check into that liquidator thing. We did consider swg but I think we're going to stick with chlorine right now. Thanks for the info!

Just to be clear a SWG makes Chlorine from salt, so a "salt water pool" uses chlorine as it's sanitizer. Same chlorine as bleach/liquid chlorine/pucks etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.