Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool & SWG owner please HELP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool & SWG owner please HELP!!

We just recently bought an intex 16'x48" ultra frame pool and the SWG. My husband insisted to fill the pool with our well water which is VERY hard water and full of Iron.. Well the water was brown so we used MEtal Out and now it is green. SO do we have to do anything to the water Before we add the Salt and start up the generator to get it clear or just start the salt then figure it out from there? We were told the SWG was the way to go and was easier.. But all i know is that we have to add 125lbs of salt and that's it..

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: New pool & SWG owner please HELP!!

Is the green clear (see the bottom of the pool okay?) or cloudy. If clear there are still metals in the water, if cloudy it's probably algae and you need to go through the shock process.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: New pool & SWG owner please HELP!!

i agree with the other reply about shocking but also you should check the pH / alkalinity to prevent problems with calcium.