Where do I start?

Jun 5, 2013
Michigan
Hi all! I'm new to this BBB. I have a 24 round, with a fresh load of water put in yesterday. I have never done the BBB method. I will be going out to get the recommended tester and things needed to maintain the pool. My question is, where do I start? Obviously, I test the water, then go from there as to what I need to add??? All help appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. :lol: This will be a learning experience. We always suggest Pool School as the place to start. Particularly read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry".

right now, you could start by adding 1/2 gallon of Clorox to your pool each evening after the sun is down. This will keep the pool sanitary and algae-free until you can get a good kit and then test the water. You will have trouble finding any of the two kits we recommend anywhere but online.

Welcome,

You'll need to get chlorine and stabilizer in it until you get your test kit. Check out pool school in the upper right corner and the link from there to the pool calculator. A basic 24' round should hold about 13500, so plug that into the calculator and it should return about 54 oz of CYA (Walmart is fine) to get you to 30ppm. And about 112 oz of 6% bleach for 4 ppm chlorine, with no stabilizer the sun will eat it fast.

Looks like duraleigh beat me to it :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.