Houma, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When installing the panel, wouldn't you want power to it all the time. The flow switch would be what controls the chlorinator to produce chlorine. Right?
If this is the case then the pump would be he only item that needs to be on a timer. AquaRite panel would be hardwired.

Or does the panel and the pump need to be on the same timer. This would cause the panel, along with the pump, to be completely tripped on/off. Would this not cause the settings and whatnot, in the AquaRite panel, to be lost?

If both the AquaRite panel and pump need to be on said timer, what timer would be sufficient?

Read the manual. It stresses that the power should be switched with the pump to prevent generation with the pump off. The flow switch is a backup.

What timer do you have? Any Intermatic would be fine.

jblizzle said:
Read the manual. It stresses that the power should be switched with the pump to prevent generation with the pump off. The flow switch is a backup.

What timer do you have? Any Intermatic would be fine.

I figured the flow switch is just a backup.

Right now all I have is the Intermatic P1131. Somewhat like this.
P1131.ashx

All I was powering before was just the pump. Now I need a timer that'll allow 2 items to be on said timer.

According to what I am reading/seeing in the maual, all I need is a single pole/single throw timer.

Now the question is, is it OK/correct to tie the pump wire and the AquaRite panel wires together and put them on the bus bar of the timer? I figured, my pump and the Aquarite will only be 18 amps.

jblizzle said:
That is the way it's usually done.

I didn't think that would be the correct way and I'd have to put each equipment on it's own set of buses. I guess that's where I was messing up. I was looking for a timer that would have enough connections to carry each on it's own. Like the GE15135 timer.

TroubleFreePat said:
Not to hijack this thread - but I'm curious - what if you don't have a timer in your panel? My timer is on my pump (Built-in to the Intelliflo variable speed.)

There are a couple threads discussing the use of a current sensing relay to prevent the SWG from getting power when the pump is not running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, got everything hooked up. Powered it up and wala. It all works. I hate messing with electricity. Not that I can't do it, just had a couple bad experiences as a kid with electricity.
Now just need to find out why the filter head is leaking. Must not be tightened enough. Might need to get a new oring.
Anyway, comments on my pump pad setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.