Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward AquaRite SWCG

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward AquaRite SWCG

When installing the panel, wouldn't you want power to it all the time. The flow switch would be what controls the chlorinator to produce chlorine. Right?
    If this is the case then the pump would be he only item that needs to be on a timer. AquaRite panel would be hardwired.

Or does the panel and the pump need to be on the same timer. This would cause the panel, along with the pump, to be completely tripped on/off. Would this not cause the settings and whatnot, in the AquaRite panel, to be lost?

If both the AquaRite panel and pump need to be on said timer, what timer would be sufficient?
    Sharkline 18'X40' Matrix 54 AGP, Sta-Rite T-210WF Hi-Rate Sand Filter, Sta-Rite 1.5HP JWPAS5F-2A4, Hayward AquaRite SWCG w/T-Cell 15 TurboCell, Confer Plastics STEP-1 Easy Access Above-Ground Pool Steps, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward AquaRite SWCG

Read the manual. It stresses that the power should be switched with the pump to prevent generation with the pump off. The flow switch is a backup.

What timer do you have? Any Intermatic would be fine.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Read the manual. It stresses that the power should be switched with the pump to prevent generation with the pump off. The flow switch is a backup.

What timer do you have? Any Intermatic would be fine.

I figured the flow switch is just a backup.

Right now all I have is the Intermatic P1131. Somewhat like this.

All I was powering before was just the pump. Now I need a timer that'll allow 2 items to be on said timer.
    Sharkline 18'X40' Matrix 54 AGP, Sta-Rite T-210WF Hi-Rate Sand Filter, Sta-Rite 1.5HP JWPAS5F-2A4, Hayward AquaRite SWCG w/T-Cell 15 TurboCell, Confer Plastics STEP-1 Easy Access Above-Ground Pool Steps, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

The AquaRite must be hardwired anyway. You can hardwire your pump as well to the same timer. An Intermatic T101 I think is all you need.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

According to what I am reading/seeing in the maual, all I need is a single pole/single throw timer.

Now the question is, is it OK/correct to tie the pump wire and the AquaRite panel wires together and put them on the bus bar of the timer? I figured, my pump and the Aquarite will only be 18 amps.

6. Back To Top    #6

That is the way it's usually done.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    That is the way it's usually done.
    I didn't think that would be the correct way and I'd have to put each equipment on it's own set of buses. I guess that's where I was messing up. I was looking for a timer that would have enough connections to carry each on it's own. Like the GE15135 timer.

8. Back To Top    #8

My previous house just have the wires to the pump and the wires to the Aquarite on the same screw terminals in the T104 (230V setup).
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Not to hijack this thread - but I'm curious - what if you don't have a timer in your panel? My timer is on my pump (Built-in to the Intelliflo variable speed.)
    Leisure Pools Riv 30, 8500 gal, IG fiberglass, 200 sqft cart filter (Clean & Clear 200), Intelliflo 3HP variable speed pump, Aqua Rite SWG, auto cover, installed 5/2013
    Aquacal Superquiet 110, installed 6/2014
    TFT 100

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleFreePat
    Not to hijack this thread - but I'm curious - what if you don't have a timer in your panel? My timer is on my pump (Built-in to the Intelliflo variable speed.)
    There are a couple threads discussing the use of a current sensing relay to prevent the SWG from getting power when the pump is not running.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

Well, got everything hooked up. Powered it up and wala. It all works. I hate messing with electricity. Not that I can't do it, just had a couple bad experiences as a kid with electricity.
    Now just need to find out why the filter head is leaking. Must not be tightened enough. Might need to get a new oring.
    Anyway, comments on my pump pad setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images